The Nanaimo Pickleball Club has return to indoor play at Oliver Woods Community Centre.
As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, PickleballBC has been working with viaSport and the Province of British Columbia to understand the recommendations our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within sport. To this end, Pickleball BC has developed guidelines for returning to outdoor Pickleball play but has not developed any guidelines for return to indoor play. Your Club Executive, using Pickleball BC’s outdoor guidelines as a base, has developed guidelines for return to indoor play at Oliver Woods with direction and assistance from Nanaimo Parks and Recreation.
Your health and safety were our top priorities in developing the attached Return to Sport Guidelines. As well, it ensures that the procedures and processes implemented are in alignment with provincial health recommendations and modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each of our members.
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, currently this Return to Sport Plan will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
· If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
· If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
· If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
· Wash your hands before participating.
· Bring your own equipment, water bottle, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. The club will also provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
· Comply with physical distancing measures at all time.
· Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
· Leave the facility as quickly as possible after you finish and maintain social distancing as you leave.
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Sport Plan or we could lose the right to continue with indoor play.
The Club is excited to launched its new Club Event Management System – CourtReserve. From here you can sign up for a new or to renew a membership as well as booking your play sessions.
Stay safe and healthy!